Friday, April 1, 2011

On a Pedestal

I can't take full credit for the design of this card because I got the idea from last years Stampin' Up Catalog (Great idea book!) but I did tweak it a little here and there. This is one of those cards that will be hard for me to give up because I just LOVE the way it came out. Am I the only one weird like that?! LOL! That's one of the reasons why I decided to start a blog, so that I can record my work therefore, making it easier to part with my creations. I like the idea of being able to look back and see what materials I've used so If ever I want to recreate it, I can! It's my own personal online portfolio =).

Materials Used*:
  • "On a pedestal" stamp set
  • "Dot, dot, dot" background stamp 
  • Crushed curry card stock
  • Crushed Curry and Basic Brown ink 
  • Brown card stock (scraps from my stash)
  • Friskars scallop punch 
  • 5/8" cream colored satin ribbon (Dollar Tree)
  • American Crafts button
  • Sakura glitter Gelly Roll pen (used to write over stamped text)
  • Foam squares (to add dimension to the text and cherry)  
*All material used are by Stampin' Up unless noted otherwise.

4 comments:

  1. Yummy. I love the ribbon on the bottom. I tend to make it to neat and it really doesn't look good that way. Yours is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is just adorable! I love how you fastened the ribbon on the bottom! Also, I wanted to let you know I have an award for you over at my blog :) Please stop by to get it when you get a chance and have a great week, Kim!!

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Kim, I really like the color combination. Also, pelase stop by my blog, I have an award for you :)

    http://victorias-creations.blogspot.com/2011/04/blog-awards.html

    ♥Victoria

    ReplyDelete