Sunday, May 1, 2011

Hello Kitty Tag Swap

Packed and shipped! I'm very excited because this was my first tag swap (or swap of any sort!). What better swap to join than a Hello Kitty themed swap right? I loved Hello Kitty and all her Sanrio friends growing up. When I was younger going to the mall was always a treat because I knew that's where the Sanrio store was. My mom allowed my sisters and I to buy at least one thing every time we visited the store weather it be a stationary set, a pencil box or even a piece of candy. I was obsessed, I even designated a whole shelf in my room displaying all my Sanrio items like a Shrine. (Ahhh....memories) I've only held onto a couple of items but had I known Hello Kitty would make a big come back the way she did, I probably wouldn't have gotten rid of anything!

The swap was hosted by the lovely and very sweet Alee'. You can find her on Youtube or her blog. The rules were simple: It had to be at least 5 inches or more in length, we must use fabric in any way or form (I chose to make a fabric flower) and chose any color theme of our choice. I had a lot of fun creating my tag and am pleased with how they turned out. I can't wait to see the tags from my group members. Once they come in the mail, I'll definitely post them.  

Materials Used:
  • Hello Kitty cartridge
  • George and Basic shapes cartridge (for the tag) 
  • Sanrio paper line by Sandylion
  • Bling
  • Fabric, neddle and thread  
  • Red pom pom trim (walmart)
  • Flat back pearls (Recollections)
  • Buttons  
  • Glossy accents 

7 comments:

  1. Freaking frackin! I don't think we are in the same group! WHHHHHHY?! I adore your tag! When I was reading your blog you brought me back to my childhood! We also had a Sanrio store in the mall...I was obsessed with everything...I have a lot of stationary and my latest obsession is Chococat! Hahaha! Thanks for sharing and did I mention that I adore your tag? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim your tags are amazing thank u so much for being a part of this w/ all of us and sharing your art and love of Hello Kitty! You are so awesome :) Thank u so so much!!!! Your work is exquisit :) X's Alee'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, these are so sweet! Beautiful Hello Kitty tags, Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute!!! My daughter is a fan of Hello Kitty, she wants every single hello kitty purse, right now it is an obsession!!
    Thank you for your comment on my blog you are so sweet!! I am your new follower!!
    cecy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heck yeah! Hello kitty rules! :) Very cute tags!! Because you and your projects are so awesome, I have an award for you on my blog! Stop by anytime!
    -Lori Craftin' Blind

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute, I love Hello Kitty. So glad Momo sent me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super, duper cute!!! It's a good think Ali wasn't there -- she probably would've taken those and glued them to her coloring book or something!! haha :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete